CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Love

I know a lot of people think I'm totally insane for making such serious decisions about love so quickly...here's what I have to say.

I know that I love Richard. Maybe it is fast but here's what I see... Richard is an extremely kind person. He came to fix my brakes, never having met me, simply because a friend asked him to. He never expected anything from me in return. Not only did he not expect to get paid but he even offered to buy the new brake pads! He came over the next day to jump start my truck, again knowing there was nothing in it for him. He was kind, shy, polite and yet...fun.

Having spend just about every waking minute with him since we met here's what else I know... He's an awesome dad. He loves his son and tries to make it to every game Steven plays. He's smart, his friends care a lot about him and are there in a minute when he needs them. He is the same way with them. He works hard and yet his job is not the most important thing in his life. He has a strong work ethic but still knows that his family is much more important than any job will ever be. He's honest and quiet and shy and he loves me. Of that I have no doubt. It's not that he tells me so...although he does quite often and it's so good to hear but more so it's in the things he does for and with me. I love how he steals glances when I'm singing in the car and smiles at me! I love how he pays attention to what I like and then does it for me. I love how he appreciates everything I do and never forgets to tell me so. I love how he's such a gentleman and how he treats me like such a lady, even when I'm as grubby as can be! I love the way he talks to my kids and yes, even the way he treats my dog!

I know that I don't know everything about him but I do know that I sincerely look forward to each new day with him and to learning more and more as each year passes.

So for those of you who think I maybe insane all I can say is this: To each his own. Love is what it is... and this... Me and Richard... this is what love is!