CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, April 6, 2009

Community Service

So I have to serve 7 hours of community service for letting someone drive my car who wasn't licensed. Well, of course he told me he had a license but according to UT laws it's MY responsibility to be sure that the license he provided is actually a valid license... stupid! I'm not really mad about doing community service. It'll be good for and maybe I'll learn something new, find some new compassion or meet some new friends. What's frustrating is that no one seems to want my help. I've called the Bishop's Storehouse, The VA Hospital, The Road Home, The Woman's Shelter, and the Utah Humane Society and they all say they don't accept community service. In all fairness, the VA Hospital is going to see if they can bend the rules since it's just a traffic violation so I hope to hear something from them in a couple hours. This is so frustrating tho. The Court issues community service but gives you no clue how to accomplish it. All they say is that it has to be for a "non profit" organization. I know when people hear that I have to do community service they are thinking I'm some kind of crazed criminal and why would they want that kind of person around! So I continue on my quest feeling like a complete heel... wish me luck!

0 comments: