CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, April 27, 2009

Reunion

I was able to talk to my niece today. Erica Lynn. I haven't heard her voice since she was about 6 years old. It was a very short conversation as she has some things to deal with but it was so heartwarming! Her father is my brother who used to hit her mom and was pretty horrible to both his wife and his children. I don't blame Beth (Erica's mom) for wanting to keep them away from Walter. I am just extremely thankful for the Internet as I was able to find them (Erica and Sarah and even Beth's oldest child Alyssa) on myspace and now on facebook!

In our short conversation Erica did mention that her father had also contacted her through facebook and that she hasn't replied to him because she doesn't know what to say to him. I told her I was probably not the best person to give her advice on that subject. I hate him. I have nothing good to say about him and I never will. I guess what he sent to her was a message that stated how sorry he was for not being there for her and all that has happened with her and her sister. I would like to tell Erica to tell him if he's so sorry then he should stop hiding and start paying the $100,000 in child support that he owes her mother! But I didn't. I hope that when we speak again I will have the strength to not sound like a bitter old lady but also have the courage to answer any and all of her questions 100% honestly!

I think I was closer to these girls than anyone else in my family. I lived with them for awhile when I was 18. I played with them everyday. I babysat them often and when I was asked to move out (by my brother) it just about killed me. Once Beth got away from Walter my mother lost contact with her and the girls. I don't know the whole story and with my family as they are I will probably never know the truth. By the time I had Alex I didn't know where the girls were living and I didn't have any contact info for them. I also wasn't sure how Beth would react having someone from Walter's family contact her (although Beth is a very strong woman and I think she would have gladly let me talk to and spend time with the girls) so I just let them lead as normal a life as possible. Looking at their profiles on myspace and facebook I can see they have all done very well! I sincerely look forward to getting to know them all once again and making a connection that will never be broken!

I do wish that I could have this relationship without anyone else in my family interfering. Okay, I'm selfish. I don't want my mother, sister or brother to contact any of the girls. But I can't change that at all. I just hope that they know that I looked them up because I love them and I want to build a friendship with each of them!

1 comments:

Tera said...

So, have you stayed in touch with your nieces? I am so excited for you, Tam. Finally, maybe a chance to have family with which you can surround yourself. I hope it all works out for you.